Everyone knows that well-executed advertising can boost your brand, increase interest in your products, and generate revenue. However, it’s easy to launch a campaign, but meeting and exceeding key performance indicators (KPIs) is another matter. That’s where advertising test budgets come in. By testing against current strategies and placing a high priority on first-party data, you’ll find that the post-cookie world offers powerful new opportunities.
Here are some basic steps you can take to begin cookieless campaign testing today:
- Identify the objective of the test. For example, one objective of a test could be that you want to see similar performance using cookieless methods as you would with third-party cookies. Keep in mind that the Quantcast Platform enables users to activate, find, and measure audiences both with and without third-party cookies. In addition to enabling environments such as Google Chrome with third-party cookies, we also enable environments such as Safari and Firefox, which no longer support third-party cookies.
- Identify how you will measure test effectiveness. Decide if you want to measure new audiences, different creatives, or different messaging strategies. Start with running just one test, which could be a prospecting or contextual one. Choose your KPIs wisely so that you assess metrics that will positively impact your company’s overall objectives. These include Click-Through Rate (CTR), Cost Per Acquisition (CPA), Cost Per Click (CPC), and Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
- Determine your ideal budget. There is no set budget amount that applies to all. Once you’ve confirmed your budget, plan to run the test for 6 to 8 weeks. Depending on where your typical audience sees your ads, you may see an immediate lift in conversions. By starting to test now, you’ll have a better understanding of the ongoing budget required, as well as the reach and performance of your campaigns.
- Talk to your vendors. Talk to your DSP or data vendor and ask if they’re interested in testing alternatives to third-party cookies, and find out if they have test programs available. If your vendor has a plan in place, you should be able to carve out a small test budget that aligns with the goals of your campaign.
- Run your test through the Quantcast Platform. Get started today by running your campaign through our Quantcast Platform. Request a demo to see the Quantcast Platform in action, get free access here to Quantcast Measure and Quantcast Choice, or reach out to our sales team. It is easy to set up an entire new campaign or an additional ad set within a campaign for a cookieless test.
The platform has experimentation capabilities that allow you to perform A/B tests on new audiences, creatives, and messaging strategies.
Cookieless ID solutions of the future
To plan for a cookieless future, you will need to strike the right balance between having the necessary privacy and security in place, while delivering a customized user experience. Take a close look at your current measurement setup and marketing spend, and understand that a substantial part of your budget will be going to third-party cookie alternatives in the months to come.
At Quantcast, we are focused on building solutions without the use of third-party cookies that keep the core tenets of innovation, interoperability, and industry standards top of mind. We’ve been working with industry organizations including IAB Tech Lab’s Project Rearc, Prebid, and W3C, and we will continue to collaborate with many others in this space to help create and define the standard of addressability and accountability for the advertising ecosystem without third-party cookies.
Why you need to start your test now
Ready to get started? We’re looking for partners that can commit to testing, starting now and continuing into the first half of 2022. First-party data is more valuable than ever; now is the time to test on the open road, given that there is less competition.
Reach out to your local account team; we are happy to walk you through the process to get you started.
To learn more about the cookieless future, be sure to watch the unveiling of cookieless capabilities in the Quantcast Platform at Virtual NOVA.