Google says they’re going to stop supporting third party cookies in Chrome (or will they…). When they do, marketers will no longer be able to rely on them to measure audiences and provide relevant advertising for segmented groups of consumers.
So NOW is the time to find the right adtech partners to help you future-proof your digital measurement for the cookieless era. Which begs the question—what should you look for in a partner to help you venture bravely into this new world? And how can you use these new ways of looking at audiences and monetizing them not just in the future, but today? Choosing the wrong vendor could cost your business significantly in terms of time and money—and even your reputation. Here are eight tips for finding the right adtech partner to help you thrive in a cookieless world.
- Does the adtech solution provide you with advanced audience analytics? Look for partners that leverage AI and machine learning models on first-party data to get you interactive audience insights in seconds, not hours. AI and machine learning can be used to transform unique, real-time data into behavioral patterns. By understanding consumer behavior patterns and predictions, you can deliver perfectly timed and uniquely relevant advertising, ultimately driving performance.
- Does the adtech company provide the ability to measure actual results? Direct measurement matters. In a world without cookies, adtech partners should be focused on the measurement of actual results. Many audience measurement tools, such as Nielsen ratings, rely on panel-based data collection, which can deliver insights months after the fact. Your chosen adtech partners should have access to unique, real-time data that can be used to understand your constantly evolving audience.
- Can your adtech partner directly activate audiences derived from first-party data? The cookieless world is one where publishers use their first-party data to build and monetize audiences based on interest. Is your partner using machine learning to assist the complex process of deriving purchase intent based on millions of data points? Look for partners who enable you to understand and activate your audiences by leveraging first-party data to deliver high performance.
- Is their global consent framework able to evolve with changing privacy laws? The movement away from cookies can be attributed to their inefficiency as well as evolving expectations around consumer privacy. It’s important that any partner you choose has a global consent framework that extends from GDPR to CCPA, and is prepared to evolve with privacy laws. Additionally, with the move towards first-party data, partners should work with and through consent management platforms to ensure data ownership and usage isn’t in question.
- Is the partner helping shape the conversation? Look for partners who are working with standard-setting committees such as W3C, IAB, IAB Tech Lab, Project Rearc, and Prebid. Having a seat at the table of the future of online advertising means you won’t be left out as new cookieless standards are developed and implemented.
- Does the adtech partner have deep connections throughout the ecosystem? In a cookieless world, publishers will need to sell inventory with more than assumptions about users, while advertisers need to think more about contextual and probabilistic data rather than deterministic data. It’s likely that new and innovative ID solutions will shape monetization for publishers and marketers alike. Look for partners who represent and connect with the breadth of the ecosystem, from content creator to data provider to buyer.
- What innovations has the adtech partner brought to market in the last year? Ask your potential ad partner what kinds of platform innovations they have rolled out in the past year. Request their product roadmap and ask about how they have delivered against it. If they have been successful in adding new innovations to their product, they will likely be able to help you stay ahead of your competitors.
- Is the adtech platform easy to use? Make sure the platform’s user experience and interface have been designed for intuitiveness and ease of use. That way, it will be straightforward to onboard new users to get campaigns up and running within minutes, and won’t require constant maintenance and monitoring to perform as you want.
Learn more about the Quantcast Platform and how it can empower brands, agencies, and publishers to deliver outstanding business results. Be sure to check out our case studies to learn how top brands around the world are using the Quantcast Platform and in-depth audience insights to craft rich stories.