San Francisco, CA — April 23, 2020: Quantcast, the audience intelligence company and leader in consent management, today announced that Quantcast Choice® will be free, beginning May 4, 2020, to help with the critical and time-sensitive transition to the latest Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF v2.0). To make this process as seamless and cost-effective as possible, publishers and marketers can now access expanded Choice features and update to the TCF v2.0 in minutes.
Having worked hand-in-hand with the IAB Europe and key stakeholders to develop the new standards for GDPR compliance, the revamped Quantcast Choice product allows publishers and marketers to implement a CMP on their site that is updated to the latest guidelines before TCF v1.1 is no longer supported at the end of June 2020. Quantcast Choice will be available for free to current and new customers that use one or more of Quantcast’s other products.
“The new TCF provides valuable support for consumer privacy decisions, as well as a way for the publishing and advertising ecosystem to effectively operate and continue to fund content creators across the open web,” said Konrad Feldman, co-founder and CEO of Quantcast. “Quantcast is committed to helping the open internet thrive, and for an increasingly consent-driven world that means providing a product that allows publishers and marketers to provide clear consumer notice and preferences in an easy-to-deploy solution that will not further stretch their budgets in this challenging economic environment.”
“Quantcast Choice has allowed us to easily improve the UX of consent across 50+ of our sites,” said Dominic Perkins, Digital Advertising Strategy Director at Immediate Media. “The ability to make changes from within the CMP portal has streamlined the entire process, allowing us to make adjustments ranging from styling to language. Most importantly, this has reduced the need for development resources.”
With upgraded Choice features available for free, all publishers and marketers will have access to an IAB TCF v2.0 validated CMP that offers:
- GDPR, ePrivacy Directive and CCPA support for user privacy preferences
- Access to Quantcast Measure insights
- A Universal Tag for single deployment across multiple domains for both consent management and audience analytics
- A Central Portal for UX customizations and configuration management across different properties
- IAB and non-IAB vendor management capabilities
- Reports that analyze consumer interactions with the CMP
- And more
In line with the IAB TCF v2.0, Quantast Choice will now:
- Offer more transparency and options to consumers: Choice now includes updated TCF v2.0 purposes and features, allowing consumers more control over how their data is used
- Give publishers and marketers more control: Publishers and marketers can now specify purposes they allow each of their partners to collect, and how consumer data is processed on their properties
- Broaden compliance measures: In addition to consent, Choice now enables consumers to object to data processing based on legitimate interest within the UI directly
Quantcast Choice is used by top publishers such as Buzzfeed, Immediate Media, The Independent, Euronics, and Reach PLC, and has captured consumers’ consent preferences more than 30 billion times since its introduction in May 2018. To get on the waitlist to be the first to gain access to upgraded Choice features or for more information, visit https://www.quantcast.com/choice.
Quantcast is an audience intelligence and measurement company headquartered in San Francisco. Combining machine learning, a privacy-by-design approach, and live data drawn from more than 100 million online destinations, Quantcast provides software, information and advertising services for marketers, publishers and advertising agencies worldwide. Founded in 2006, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.