What this policy covers
This policy does not cover information that is collected, used or disclosed in our digital advertising-related technology products and services. For more information on privacy as it relates to the products and services, please go here. Additionally, this policy does not apply to the privacy practices of any third parties or other websites that are linked to from our websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other parties and websites.
Sometimes we will make disclosures at the time of collection – for example on a sign-up form for an email list or webinar. To the extent that those disclosures may be different from the terms of this policy, those disclosures will apply.
We’ll try to make this all as clear and as simple as possible, but if you have questions, you can contact us, and we’ll be happy to help. (See the “Contact Us” section below.)
What we do
Quantcast operates and provides services related to digital marketing. We have products for both advertisers and publishers, and our clients and partners are generally businesses. Our Measure products help website owners to understand the interests and demographics of the people who visit their sites. For companies that want to advertise online, our Advertise products help get their ads in front of the people that are more likely to find them interesting. For consumers, we provide ads that are more useful and relevant to their interests. And for websites, our Advertise products help drive advertising revenue, without which the free Internet we all use every day would not exist. In short, we try to make online advertising more efficient and pleasant for everyone. In order to do all this, we collect and analyze data about individual consumer interests and demographics.
We also offer Quantcast Choice, a consent management tool for publishers and advertisers built on the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework that helps website operators provide consumers with information and choices about data. From time to time, we may offer additional products.
You can read more about privacy in relation to our services here.
Quantcast is an active member or participant of industry associations that govern the policies around online consumer privacy in the context of internet-based advertising, including: the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA). Quantcast complies with the NAI Code of Conduct, the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles, and the EDAA Self-Regulatory Principles. We believe that these codes and principles help protect consumer privacy.
We also use, and adhere to the policies of, the IAB EU Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF) as part of our compliance with EU data protection law. See https://iabeurope.eu/transparency-consent-framework/ for more information.
Information we collect
The information we collect includes personal information (also called personal data). What type of personal information depends on the particular circumstances.
- When you visit our website(s) we collect information about your visit, including IP address, cookie or other identifiers, geolocation, your browsing history and other activity on the site, and how you got to our site.
- We collect your contact information when you provide it to us, including name, email address, address, phone, and any other information you provide.
- If you are a client or partner we may receive your business contact information from you or your employer as part of the business relationship.
- We may collect information from marketing or other informational emails that we send you, using cookies and/or pixels to measure, for example, open rates.
- We collect information for recruiting and business-to-business marketing from third-party sources where it is made available for these purposes, including social media sites like LinkedIn or marketing lead lists.
- When you apply for a job at Quantcast we might collect a variety of personal information about you, your qualifications and experience, and your eligibility to work for us, including information like degrees, licenses and certifications, references, and more.
- We may match information across different sources in order to advance the purposes described in this policy, including that we may match information like your email to information about your activity on our website.
- We may work with partners who collect information from our website(s) or other sources, for the purposes described here.
When we collect or receive information from a third-party, such as from a job recruiting site, your provision of and our access to information will be governed by those parties’ own policies and applicable laws.
Quantcast does not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information, that parent or guardian should contact us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
How we use your information
- We use website activity to better understand and improve the usability and effectiveness of our site and for fraud or crime prevention or debugging.
- We also use website activity to enhance our marketing to existing and potential customers, including by matching it with other personal information to improve our marketing.
- We and partners we work with may collect information from your visits to our website or from other information we have collected from or about you for marketing and advertising purposes, and we may use automated processes to make inferences about you in order to make our marketing more relevant and effective.
- We use information about you to respond to queries and requests, and if you are a customer, send you administrative emails and product updates.
- We or our vendors may use information for event planning and management, recruiting, marketing and advertising.
- We use information for recruiting and hiring purposes, such as to find, contact, and evaluate potential employees, or to respond to your applications for employment; however, this policy does not cover personal information in the context of current or former employment relationships.
- We may use information as reasonably needed to protect our business interests or as required by law.
- We may use information for other corporate administrative functions consistent with the purposes above.
Sharing and disclosure of personal information
We will share or disclose personal information to the extent legally permissible for these purposes:
- We may use and disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, and valid subpoenas, warrants, and court orders; (ii) to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves, third parties, or the public in general; and (iii) to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal, harmful, or unethical.
- We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including information we collect about you, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. We may also make certain information available to a potential investor or purchaser (and their advisers) in advance of any such transaction completion.
- If you are a customer, we may share the information as needed to provide and operate our products and services.
- We may share information among our affiliated companies.
- We share information with vendors, service providers, and partners for the purposes described in this policy, including that we may share information with partners who help us advertise our products and services on other websites, apps, or other locations.
- We may share information with other third parties at your request or with your permission, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- We do not sell the personal information described in this policy, as that term (sell) is defined by the California Consumer Protection Act.
Cookies on our websites
“Cookies” are data files that are stored on your browser or device and are used to recognize browsers over time, as well as for other purposes. Cookies allow us to recognize your device and remember information, such as your preferred language and other general settings, and allows us to track your activity across web pages.
Cookies set in the domain of the website you are visiting, i.e. quantcast.com, are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set on other domains are called “third party cookies”. Our websites use both first party and third-party cookies.
Your choices and rights
If you are a customer you may be able to access, change, or delete your personal information by logging into the customer portal.
Industry opt-out pages. The online advertising industry provides websites from which you may opt out of interest-based advertising that participate in self-regulatory programs. The US-based opt out pages are www.aboutads.info/choices and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. The European based page is www.youronlinechoices.com. In Canada, use youradchoices.ca/choices.
For mobile apps. You can opt out of certain data collection and use on most mobile devices by using your device settings. We are not able to directly access the Mobile App Opt Out on devices that offer it. To learn how to use the mobile app opt out, consult your device instructions. To find information on Opting out on Mobile Devices please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
If you would like to request that we stop using information about you, you can contact us using the information below under Contact Us.
You may submit a verifiable request through Quantcast’s Data Subject Rights page, which can be found here. California residents may also submit verifiable requests by contacting Quantcast via email privacy [at] quantcast [dot] com.
When you visit our website, you may be presented with information about cookies and data collection on our website by us and other parties, and may be given the opportunity to make choices about that collection and subsequent use.
If you are in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the UK, you may have rights under the European or UK General Data Protection Regulation. These rights include the right to access, deletion, rectification, portability. You may also be able to revoke your consent to, object to, or request to restrict our processing of your information. And you may have the right to be informed of international transfers of your information. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, you may contact us using the information below under Contact Us. If you have a concern or complaint, you may contact us or our Data Protection Officer or you have the right to complain to a data protection regulator. Again, see Contact Us for information.
If you reside in California, you may have rights under the California Consumer Protection Act. These rights include the right to be informed about general categories and specific information we collect about you, the right to know categories of sources of information, the right to know about information about you that is sold or shared, including the categories of third parties with whom the information is shared, the right to have information about you deleted, the right to opt out of selling or certain sharing of information. Additionally, you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights. You may submit a request using the information in Contact Us. Consistent with California law and to provide for the security of Personal information, Quantcast will verify requests from California residents, as well as requests received from authorized agents acting on behalf of California residents.
Quantcast Information Control
The Quantcast Site and Services are made available and provided to persons residing within the United States by Quantcast Corporation, located at 795 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CA 94107. Information or data relating to persons within the United States provided to or gathered by the Quantcast Site or Services is controlled by Quantcast Corporation.
The Quantcast Site and Services are made available to persons resident outside the United States by Quantcast International Limited, located at Beaux Lane House, Lower Mercer Street, 1st Floor, Dublin 2, Ireland. Information or data relating to persons resident outside the United States provided to or gathered by the Quantcast Site or Services is controlled by Quantcast International Limited.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Personal information
In addition, where you have given us consent to use your information in certain ways, we will rely on your consent to process the information. You may revoke that consent at any time. Please see the Your Choices and Rights section for information as to how you may withdraw your consent.
Quantcast operates a global service. Your information is transferred internationally between Quantcast affiliate companies and our Partners to countries around the world including the United States, where the privacy and data protection laws may be different than those in your jurisdiction. We use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and may rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers from the EEA to the United States and other countries. You can contact us to request a copy of our Standard Contractual Clauses.
Security and retention
We employ administrative, physical, and technical measures designed to protect the confidentiality and integrity of Personal information that we store. These measures may include encryption and employment of information storage security technologies to restrict access to our network. Please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. We have procedures and security features in place to help keep your data secure once we receive it. Additionally, in some instances our Partners or others may provide information to us in unencrypted form.
We retain the information described in this policy for the purposes described in this policy, and or including:
- As business records reasonably retained in the normal course of business;
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims that may be made by you or on your behalf; or
- To keep records required by law.
We will retain the information for as long as it is reasonably needed for the purposes or as is otherwise legally required.
Changes to this policy
If you are a customer, please contact us through your account representative.
Persons in the United States, please contact:
795 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Email: privacy [at] quantcast [dot] com
Persons outside of the United States, please contact:
Quantcast International Limited
Beaux Lane House
Lower Mercer Street, 1st Floor
Dublin 2, Ireland
Email: privacy.qil [at] quantcast [dot] com
The Data Protection Officer for Quantcast International Limited can be contacted at dpo [at] quantcast [dot] com.
If you have contacted us or our Data Protection Officer about a privacy or data use concern and feel that we have not addressed it satisfactorily, you may contact our US-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you also have the right to lodge a complaint against us with our lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission, or your local supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.