Campaign and Data Policy
Quantcast requires all customers, and their authorized users (“users”), using Q for Marketers (the “Platform”) to comply with the standards and requirements outlined in this Campaign and Data Policy. In addition to compliance with this Campaign and Data Policy, all users must also comply with all applicable laws, rules, ordinances, codes, and regulations (including, without limitation, any industry-specific ethical, professional, or self-regulatory requirements).
Quantcast has identified specific categories of advertising content and targeting criteria that may be restricted or prohibited on the Platform. Quantcast reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (1) review accounts, campaigns, and/or ads delivered through the Platform for compliance with this Campaign and Data Policy; and (2) suspend or terminate accounts, campaigns, and/or ads as a result of such review. Where possible, Quantcast will attempt, as a courtesy, to notify users when a campaign is in violation of the policy. In such cases, users are solely responsible for correcting violations in order to resume use of the platform.
Prohibited Content and Practices
Campaigns that promote or contain the following content are prohibited:
- Products, services, or activities that are illegal or of questionable legality
- Adult content, including content that is sexually explicit or pornographic in nature
- Hate speech, intolerance, discrimination, profanity, or violence
- Content that is misleading, deceptive, or false, through claims or imagery
- Illegal drugs, recreational drugs, products containing cannabidiol (CBD), or products that facilitate their use, even in jurisdictions where such substances or products may be legal
- Weapons, ammunition, or any device designed to cause serious harm or injury
- Tobacco, nicotine, or products that facilitate their use, including e-cigarettes
- Alcohol, including online and brick-and-mortar alcohol retail, branding promotions, and alcohol destinations such as wineries, bars, and distilleries
- Political campaigns, such as campaigns for candidates running for election, political organizations soliciting financial contributions, or advocating for or against a ballot initiative
- Content that seeks to exploit tragic or sensitive events, including public health crises, loss of life, or natural disasters
- Content which infringes on the intellectual property rights of others
- Content which includes or disseminates malware, spyware, or computer viruses
- Content or advertising that is targeted to children 16 years or under
Users in Europe and Australia are prohibited from targeting audiences based on the following information:
- Race or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Criminal convictions or offenses
- Sexual life or orientation
- Political opinions or affiliation
Quantcast permits the use of the Platform for the following categories of advertising content with specific restrictions, as follows:
Healthcare products and services
- Campaigns promoting healthcare products and services are only permitted in the United States and Canada.
Campaigns are only permitted for products and services that are beneficial to the general population, such as preventative medicine, first-aid supplies, and hygiene products. Prescription medicines, medical devices, medical procedures, and content related to potentially serious health issues are prohibited.
- Such products may be subject to additional requirements, which can be downloaded by clicking these links: Quantcast Policies for Advertising Healthcare Products and Services in the United States, Quantcast Policies for Advertising Healthcare Products and Services in Canada
- Users are prohibited from targeting audiences based on known or inferred health information. This includes placing Quantcast pixels or tags on any pages or portions of a website that relate to a health condition that could be considered sensitive, as defined by the Network Advertising Initiative 2020 Code of Conduct.
Financial products and services
- Users advertising financial products and services must have the required accreditation by the appropriate government authority of the targeted audience’s location.
Campaigns are prohibited from targeting audiences based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, age, disability or handicap, or an individual’s receipt of income from a public assistance program.
- Users are prohibited from placing pixels or tags on pages featuring content that could lead to targeting users based on one or several of the characteristics listed above.
- Users are prohibited from selecting “Browsing Interests” while creating an audience that could lead to targeting users based on one or several of the characteristics listed above.
- Advertising for the following is prohibited: initial coin offerings (ICOs); pyramid schemes; bail bonds; high-interest loans with an annual percentage rate (APR) of 36% or higher; and loans with a repayment schedule of less than 90 days.
- All campaigns are prohibited from targeting audiences based on known or inferred sexual orientation.
Campaigns are prohibited from targeting audiences based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including sexual orientation and gender identity), familial status, age, disability or handicap, or genetic information.
- Campaigns are prohibited from targeting audiences based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including sexual orientation and gender identity), familial status, age, disability or handicap, or genetic information.
Campaigns are prohibited from targeting audiences based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including sexual orientation and gender identity), familial status, disability, or handicap.
- Campaigns are prohibited from targeting audiences based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including sexual orientation and gender identity), familial status, disability, or handicap.
- Campaigns soliciting charitable donations are only permitted for charitable organizations recognized by the applicable regional, national, or local government.
Online gambling and games for money or prizes
- Campaigns promoting online casinos or gambling, including placing bets online and games of chance or skill that require payment for the chance to win prizes, are only permitted in the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- The website must reject attempts to register an account from the United States, regardless of the targeted country.
- The website or the creative(s) must contain easily accessible information on socially-responsible gambling.
- Creatives are prohibited from using content that is likely to attract or appeal to minors, such as cartoons, famous athletes, or other children.
Users must comply with the following country-specific requirements:
- Australia: The website is licensed by an Australian territory, and is listed under “Licensed Interactive Gamblers” on the Australian Communications and Media Authority website.
- Canada: The website is licensed by a Canadian province, and has its valid operating license number prominently displayed.
- France: The website is registered with L’Autorité de Régulation des Jeux en Ligne (Regulatory Authority of Online Gaming), operates on a “.fr.” domain, and contains a warning against excessive or pathological gaming, as well as a message referring to France’s relevant gambling help and information system.
- Ireland: The website is registered as a bookmaker with the Irish Revenue Commission, and is listed under “Register of Licensed Bookmakers” on the Irish Revenue Commission website.
- Italy*: The website is authorized by the Agenzia Dogane Monopoli, and is listed under “Concessionari autorizzati al gioco a distanza” on the Agenzia Dogane Monopoli website.
- Sweden*: The website is licensed by a Swedish state, and is listed under “Licens för onlinespel och vadhållning” on the Spelinspektionen website.
- United Kingdom*: The website is registered with the Gambling Commission, has a valid operating license number, and is listed under the “Public register” on the Gambling Commission website.
- * Websites registered with a valid Malta Gaming Authority online gambling license and listed under “MGA Licensee Register” on the Malta Gaming Authority website may also advertise in Italy, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
The content of this policy is not and should not be taken as legal advice and reflects only Quantcast’s policy. Users of this content are advised to seek independent advice from their own counsel regarding compliance with applicable law and any specific legal questions. Quantcast reserves the right to update or change these policies at any time and at its sole discretion.