Follow the process below to ensure strong campaign performance and robust insights.
- Do not alter the code. Any edits to the code may result in the tag not collecting data.
- The tag does not interfere with your page load. Quantcast tag is asynchronous (it loads in the background). See here for more technical details.
Add the Quantcast Tag to your Conversion Activity
1. Log into Tag Commander, click Add Tag
2.Filter by “Quantcast” and select Quantcast – Conversion Activity, then click on Add Tag:
3. Place the P-Code <p-code>
4. Place the Conversion Page label <INSERT CONVERSION LABEL>
- The Conversion Page Label allows Quantcast to collect your conversion activity separately from the rest of the page data. This is required for campaign configuration.
- Quantcast Advertise labels always begin with a _fp.event, and this has to be included.
5. Add Revenue, Order ID and additional information by selecting the appropriate variables available in the drop down menu.
- See section “Adding Variables for Data Pass Back” at the end of the doc if you do not have variables created.
6. Click Rules and then Perimeter
7. Select your Conversion Perimeter
- See section “Creating a Trigger” if you do not have a Conversion Page Trigger created.
- Your Quantcast Conversion Activity tag should only be fired on the confirmation/thank you page. To do that, you can refine the perimeter to fire the tag on your “Confirmation Page” only.
- 8. Select Add Perimeter
Your Conversion Activity Tag setup is complete! Move on to the next step to finish setting up the rest of your tags.
Remaining Site Activity
Navigate to the tag library and select Quantcast – Easy Tag template (steps 1 and 2 above).
1. Place the P-Code <INSERT P-CODE> and click Save
- P-Codes are case sensitive and 15 characters in length
- This is the only box you have to fill in!
2. Click on Rules Click and Perimeters.
3. Set Perimeter to All Pages.
4. In Constraint, URL does not contain the conversion event.
5. By going to the Rules menu you should have the following result
6. Click on the Generate
7. Check Activation
8. Select Generate, the number next to the button indicates the version number.
- You can review the Test menu to make sure that your setup is working
9. On the Deploy final menu, select the last version you just generated, select your production environment: and click on the blue Deploy button.
You are done! Please notify your Quantcast rep so that they can confirm your tags are collecting data.
Creating Rules: Rules govern when a tag is fired.
- On the Rules menu, select Perimeters and click on Add Perimeter
- Select URL from the top menu. Enter the criteria to identify the page for which you want to create a trigger. Select If URL Equals from the menu on the left.
- In this example, we are using “Page URL contains www.quantcast.com/thankyou”.
- Select the Tag(s) that must be fired in this scenario. Select Save .
- On the Summary tab you will be able to see in which perimeters the tags will fire and if there are any associated constraints.
Your rule is now ready to use!
Adding Variables for Data Passback
- On the Options Menu of the interface, click on External variables:
- Click on Add Variable.
- Enter requested fields
- For this example we will setup the order ID on the confirmation page.
- Once this is done, click on Add
- Back on the Options menu, click on the Download button. The following pop up window will appear, providing you with your sample Data Layer code, you can either copy it or download the code by clicking on the blue Download button.
- Click Save on the upper right corner once this is complete.
- Add the code to your confirmation page, replace the “” by the variable containing the Order ID value.
- Repeat the steps above to add additional variables.
Your variable is ready to use!